Steinberg Hypersonic plugin crash

Sep 15, 2006 at 9:27am

Steinberg Hypersonic plugin crash

Not very interesting, indeed, but i report that typing ‘Hypersonic.dll’
in a vst~ object makes max crash, while loading it through a plug
message is ok.

- vst folder is in the path
- Win Max 4.5.7

I guess there’s a few more like this one and it’s not handy at all…
Does it comes from Steinberg or C74 ?

f.e


f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

#27641
Sep 15, 2006 at 9:43am

>Not very interesting, indeed, but i report that typing
>’Hypersonic.dll’ in a vst~ object makes max crash, while loading it
>through a plug message is ok.
>
>- vst folder is in the path
>- Win Max 4.5.7
>
>I guess there’s a few more like this one and it’s not handy at
>all… Does it comes from Steinberg or C74 ?

don’t know but on mac as well there are a few plugs which do it
(guitar rig 2 from NI, but not Grig 1…)

the only solution (I found) is to load an empty vst~ and loadbang the
plug-in itself….

best
kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

#83782
Sep 16, 2006 at 3:36am

Kasper, disregard my email request.

F.E – thank you very much for this. I had been struggling with several of my VST effects (e.g., Bad Ass Edge, arcDev, etc) crashing MAX/MSP using the manual typing approach after vst~. But the plug message fixed everything. Wonderful. :)

As an intro MAX/MSP user, I am now struggling with loosing all my VST presets when I close down MAX/MSP and start up later. For instance, I use the read message to load my favorite preset for a VST, but it doesn’t stick, but goes back to the default reset after re-starting MAX/MSP. I’m assuming there is a relatively simple procedure for circumventing this, though I have not discovered it yet. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Kris

Quote: f.e wrote on Fri, 15 September 2006 03:27
—————————————————-
> Not very interesting, indeed, but i report that typing ‘Hypersonic.dll’
> in a vst~ object makes max crash, while loading it through a plug message is ok.
>
> – vst folder is in the path
> – Win Max 4.5.7
>
> I guess there’s a few more like this one and it’s not handy at all…
> Does it comes from Steinberg or C74 ?
>
> f.e
>
> —
> f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> > >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> > >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|
>
—————————————————-

#83783
Sep 16, 2006 at 5:30am

>Kasper, disregard my email request.
>
>F.E – thank you very much for this. I had been struggling with
>several of my VST effects (e.g., Bad Ass Edge, arcDev, etc) crashing
>MAX/MSP using the manual typing approach after vst~. But the plug
>message fixed everything. Wonderful. :)
>
>As an intro MAX/MSP user, I am now struggling with loosing all my
>VST presets when I close down MAX/MSP and start up later. For
>instance, I use the read message to load my favorite preset for a
>VST, but it doesn’t stick, but goes back to the default reset after
>re-starting MAX/MSP. I’m assuming there is a relatively simple
>procedure for circumventing this, though I have not discovered it
>yet. Any tips would be much appreciated.

the message “write” is your friend – and of course “read” at startup

you can also enhance them with closebang and loadbang

but look at the vst~ helpfile ! (and the manual, of course!!)

best

kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

#83784
Sep 16, 2006 at 5:57am

Quote: Kasper T Toeplitz wrote on Fri, 15 September 2006 23:30
—————————————————-
> >Kasper, disregard my email request.
> >
> >F.E – thank you very much for this. I had been struggling with
> >several of my VST effects (e.g., Bad Ass Edge, arcDev, etc) crashing
> >MAX/MSP using the manual typing approach after vst~. But the plug
> >message fixed everything. Wonderful. :)
> >
> >As an intro MAX/MSP user, I am now struggling with loosing all my
> >VST presets when I close down MAX/MSP and start up later. For
> >instance, I use the read message to load my favorite preset for a
> >VST, but it doesn’t stick, but goes back to the default reset after
> >re-starting MAX/MSP. I’m assuming there is a relatively simple
> >procedure for circumventing this, though I have not discovered it
> >yet. Any tips would be much appreciated.
>
> the message “write” is your friend – and of course “read” at startup
>
> you can also enhance them with closebang and loadbang
>
> but look at the vst~ helpfile ! (and the manual, of course!!)
>
>
> best
>
> kasper
> —
> Kasper T. Toeplitz
> noise, composition, bass, computer
> http://www.sleazeArt.com

Yes, I am useing “write” and “read, to load and save my VST presets, but apparently not in a way to preserve the last preset I load when I run MAX/MSP again. It keeps going back to the default VST preset rather than the one I read (load up) before closing. I’ll keep digging and figure it out. The manual isn’t exactly the most intuitive of instructional documents in the industry.

Kris

#83785
Sep 16, 2006 at 6:10am

>
>
>Yes, I am useing “write” and “read, to load and save my VST presets,
>but apparently not in a way to preserve the last preset I load when
>I run MAX/MSP again. It keeps going back to the default VST preset
>rather than the one I read (load up) before closing.

it always worked here – make sure you are reading the latest you
wrote – change the name of your preset maybe……..

but i use this since years, always worked -

of course to load a preset you must load the plug-in first (!!!) –
since you seem to use the “plug” message just make sure you are
1_opening the patch (and creating the vst object)
2_calling the plug you need (message plug)
3_calling the preset (message read)
(a few delays are enough, it’s a question of miliseconds at startup)

>The manual isn’t exactly the most intuitive of instructional
>documents in the industry.
>
>

don’t know which other instructional documents you are talking about,
but from my experience it IS the best – try to find some info about
some reaktor module (or core!!!) in a ni manual, check out the super
collider manual, or dig into csound!! – you’ll soon regreat the nice
help files and the complete manual!!

best

kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

#83786

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.