Forums > MaxMSP

Still having some Pattr problems.

July 9, 2012 | 6:10 pm

Hi guys, I’m still having some Pattr problems as I posted earlier.

Basically I have a few abstractions inside a Project.

Each of these abstractions has a lot of Bpatchers inside them each with their own named Pattrstorage with @savemode 3 and named Autopattr for collecting the scripting name of each object.

So I can save/recall presets of each Bpatcher when the Project is open. But when I close the project and reopen all stored presets are lost.

I am using UDPsend/receive to interpolate between presets in the main patcher.

Here is an example of one of the Bpatchers mentioned above:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 9, 2012 | 8:55 pm

bump :)

July 10, 2012 | 1:39 pm

double bump. My project has come to a halt until I can find a solution to this problem unfortunately :(

I seem to be able to save presets if I right click on Bpatcher and open original.
But saving presets while through the Bpatcher interface seems to make them clear when closing/reopening.

I’ve scoured the forum for a solution but have yet to find anything to point me in the right direction.

Some tips would be much appreciated.

July 10, 2012 | 4:02 pm

Thanks for your response. I’ve attached a simple .zip like yours that should illustrate my problem better.

Attachments:
  1. PattrIssue.zip

July 10, 2012 | 4:04 pm

Try storing a few presets. Notice how while it’s still open you can interpolate and recall as much as you like.
Then close the patch and reopen.
Notice how the stored presets are now wiped.

July 10, 2012 | 5:58 pm

Ooh, wow, that seems to work now. I always thought Autopattr and Pattrstorage had to have the same name.
I guess I was wrong.

One last question.

In order to set the Max limit of my recall number box I wanted to loadbang the message ‘getslotlist’ to the pattrstorage to retrieve the number of slots.
For some reason this doesn’t output anything in Bpatcher mode.

Here is the updated zip.

Thanks so much for your help.

Attachments:
  1. Pattrissue.zip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)