Forums > Jitter

Stitch Frames Vertically

March 18, 2014 | 11:16 am

I would like to stitch the frames of a MOV and create one big frame in another matrix by stitching all of the frames one after another vertically so i can save it as one bmp.

Basically, i would like to create a contatenated film strip image like you can do with ImageMagick or
Image Stitcher

I can’t figure it out.
Its for a 16×16 movie (not more than 2000 frames).

I know i would need to change the Y dimension of the receiving matrix by NumberOfFrames*16
But i dont know how i could save each frame in it at position Yoffset=FrameNumber*16

March 19, 2014 | 2:09 am

Something like this?

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

March 19, 2014 | 5:20 am

Yes kinda like that.

The problem is, the number of frame varies from 1 to 2000 depending on video length.

I have an rslider to select the loop points of my jit.qt.movie and i lock the max length to 2000 frames.

I guess i could create a 2000 outlet cycle and a 2000 row jit.glue.. I’m dreading making all those conntections :P

I wonder if there would be simpler way.

March 19, 2014 | 5:23 am

Just realized that jit.glue max number of rows is 16. So that plan would not work :(

March 19, 2014 | 6:15 am

OK, yeah thats a big number! This might work for you, but you are talking about creating a 16 32000 dimension matrix. You might want to trigger your mov with frame numbers like in the last example or use the @unique 1 attribute so you only get the new frames.

<code>

</code>

March 19, 2014 | 7:29 am

Thats working!! :D

Thanks a lot Luke!

March 19, 2014 | 8:34 am

This should work. (To learn about the dimension messages to jit.matrix, such as ‘usedstdim’, see Jitter Tutorial 14 Matrix Positioning.)

<code>

</code>

March 19, 2014 | 1:47 pm

ah yes! the dstdim messages! Thats what i was searching for! To place inputs at a specific spot.

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)