Forums > MaxMSP

stop a line~?

November 3, 2007 | 9:54 pm

hi

is there a way to stop a line~ ???

i mean, if i send it a message such as [0, 1 30000] in order to hear
a change in sound, and want to stop it at some point because it’s THE
sound i am after – how can i do it (I tried enable $1 but enable 0
outputs 0)

many thanks

kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart


November 3, 2007 | 10:08 pm

like this?

#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 141 285 32 196617 print;
#P button 106 166 15 0;
#P newex 111 213 68 196617 v what_is_it;
#P newex 245 288 68 196617 v what_is_it;
#P message 205 213 68 196617 0. , 1. 30000;
#P newex 208 250 40 196617 line 0.;
#P connect 0 0 5 0;
#P connect 0 0 2 0;
#P connect 3 0 0 0;
#P connect 1 0 0 0;
#P connect 4 0 3 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 6;

On 11/3/07, Kasper T Toeplitz wrote:
> hi
>
> is there a way to stop a line~ ???
>
> i mean, if i send it a message such as [0, 1 30000] in order to hear
> a change in sound, and want to stop it at some point because it’s THE
> sound i am after – how can i do it (I tried enable $1 but enable 0
> outputs 0)
>
> many thanks
>
> kasper
> –
> Kasper T. Toeplitz
> noise, composition, bass, computer
> http://www.sleazeArt.com
>
> http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart
>
>


November 3, 2007 | 10:11 pm

On 3 nov. 07, at 22:54, Kasper T Toeplitz wrote:

> hi
>
> is there a way to stop a line~ ???
>
> i mean, if i send it a message such as [0, 1 30000] in order to
> hear a change in sound, and want to stop it at some point because
> it’s THE sound i am after – how can i do it (I tried enable $1 but
> enable 0 outputs 0)

The "stop" message? I can’t remember when it arrives though. It’s
there and documented at least since 4.6.x.

ej


November 3, 2007 | 10:16 pm

>like this?
>

well, yes almost

actually it does what i need – i came with a similar solution using
[number~] and [f] (yes, the question was about line~ not line..) but
I was hoping for a message which could be understood by the object.

anyhow, i learned about [v] which i did not knew

many thanks!!!!

best

kasper


November 3, 2007 | 10:20 pm

>
>The "stop" message? I can’t remember when it arrives though. It’s
>there and documented at least since 4.6.x.
>

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i am on 457, of course (yeah, i tried stop, and bang and pause)

many thanks!!!

kasper


November 4, 2007 | 3:50 am

max v2;
#N vpatcher 10 59 610 459;
#P origin 0 70;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P user number~ 288 263 398 278 9 3 3 2 0. 0. 0 0. 250 0. 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P message 454 306 27 196617 stop;
#P message 383 306 65 196617 startwindow;
#P newex 383 339 30 196617 dac~;
#P comment 383 292 65 196617 ? start audio;
#P user panel 368 286 123 43;
#X brgb 255 255 255;
#X frgb 100 202 30;
#X border 2;
#X rounded 0;
#X shadow 0;
#X done;
#P message 235 170 62 196617 0 , 1 30000;
#P button 148 165 15 0;
#P newex 220 261 55 196617 snapshot~;
#P newex 220 223 32 196617 line~;
#P comment 170 165 30 196617 stop;
#P connect 4 0 1 0;
#P fasten 2 0 1 0 225 299 140 299 140 199 225 199;
#P connect 1 0 2 0;
#P connect 3 0 2 0;
#P connect 1 0 10 0;
#P connect 8 0 7 0;
#P fasten 9 0 7 0 459 333 388 333;
#P pop;


November 4, 2007 | 10:32 am

On 3 nov. 07, at 23:11, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:

> The "stop" message? I can’t remember when it arrives though. It’s
> there and documented at least since 4.6.x.

So in fact it appears in after 4.5.4 so it should have been included
in 4.5.5 and higher. You can download it on the incremental page if
you need it for previous version 4.5.x, although there’s no point not
using 4.5.7:

http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/IncrementalDownloads

ej


November 4, 2007 | 11:03 am

>On 3 nov. 07, at 23:11, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
>
>>The "stop" message? I can’t remember when it arrives though. It’s
>>there and documented at least since 4.6.x.
>
>So in fact it appears in after 4.5.4 so it should have been included
>in 4.5.5 and higher. You can download it on the incremental page if
>you need it for previous version 4.5.x, although there’s no point
>not using 4.5.7:
>

Thanks A LOT emmanuel – yes, i have 457 but for some reason an older
(march 1st, 2006 vs march 28, 2006) version of line~

the one you pointed to me does what i need and a lot more (since i
wasn’t able to find "stop" i did not hope for a "pause" and "resume"
- which are exactly what i need, and was about to implement in my
patch with a lot of boxes, send, set, counter etc etc)

now this part of the patch is virtually done with the new line~, what
will i do with such a nice sunday??

best

kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart


November 4, 2007 | 11:41 am

The stop message also works with line and Tiedje’s lines. There are also
pause and resume messages for line~. I made a pause for line with this but
it would be nice to have pause and resume for it too.

#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P message 21 35 80 196617 0 , 2000 20000;
#P newex 33 75 41 196617 sel 0 1;
#P toggle 33 54 15 0;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 14.;
#P number 33 156 186 14 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P message 96 102 33 196617 clock;
#P message 33 102 61 196617 clock pause;
#P newex 82 131 75 196617 setclock pause;
#P newex 33 130 40 196617 line;
#P fasten 7 0 0 0 26 123 38 123;
#P connect 5 0 6 0;
#P fasten 6 1 3 0 53 97 101 97;
#P connect 6 0 2 0;
#P connect 0 0 4 0;
#P connect 2 0 0 0;
#P fasten 3 0 0 0 101 123 38 123;
#P window clipboard copycount 8;

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

On 11/4/07 5:32 AM, "Emmanuel Jourdan" wrote:

> On 3 nov. 07, at 23:11, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
>
>> The "stop" message? I can’t remember when it arrives though. It’s
>> there and documented at least since 4.6.x.
>
> So in fact it appears in after 4.5.4 so it should have been included
> in 4.5.5 and higher. You can download it on the incremental page if
> you need it for previous version 4.5.x, although there’s no point not
> using 4.5.7:
>
> http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/IncrementalDownloads
>
> ej


November 4, 2007 | 11:49 am

This also works for Tiedje’s lines abstraction

On 11/4/07 6:41 AM, "Gary Lee Nelson" wrote:

> The stop message also works with line and Tiedje’s lines. There are also
> pause and resume messages for line~. I made a pause for line with this but
> it would be nice to have pause and resume for it too.
>
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #P message 21 35 80 196617 0 , 2000 20000;
> #P newex 33 75 41 196617 sel 0 1;
> #P toggle 33 54 15 0;
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 14.;
> #P number 33 156 186 14 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
> #P message 96 102 33 196617 clock;
> #P message 33 102 61 196617 clock pause;
> #P newex 82 131 75 196617 setclock pause;
> #P newex 33 130 40 196617 lines;
> #P fasten 7 0 0 0 26 123 38 123;
> #P connect 5 0 6 0;
> #P fasten 6 1 3 0 53 97 101 97;
> #P connect 6 0 2 0;
> #P connect 0 0 4 0;
> #P connect 2 0 0 0;
> #P fasten 3 0 0 0 101 123 38 123;
> #P window clipboard copycount 8;
>
> Cheers
> Gary Lee Nelson
> Oberlin College
> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>
> On 11/4/07 5:32 AM, "Emmanuel Jourdan" wrote:
>
>> On 3 nov. 07, at 23:11, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
>>
>>> The "stop" message? I can’t remember when it arrives though. It’s
>>> there and documented at least since 4.6.x.
>>
>> So in fact it appears in after 4.5.4 so it should have been included
>> in 4.5.5 and higher. You can download it on the incremental page if
>> you need it for previous version 4.5.x, although there’s no point not
>> using 4.5.7:
>>
>> http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/IncrementalDownloads
>>
>> ej
>
>
>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)