Stop the Status Window in Applications!

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:31am

Stop the Status Window in Applications!

Hello,
I’m making a piece of software which randomly generates music as a university project. I’m getting in to the aesthetic side of things and trying to dress it up to look fancy but I’ve encountered one problem… I can’t stop the Status Window appearing when you open any application you build! I’ve seen other pieces which have managed to avoid this.
Any help would be lovely!
Gregory

Mar 26, 2008 at 1:27am

if you are making a standalone, check out the standalone object. Put one in your toplevel patcher and make sure you unselect the ‘Status Window Visible at Startup’ in the inspector of the standalone object.

If you want Max/MSP to start up without the Max message window, you can change this in the maxoptions.txt which is in your max preferences folder. max setoption maxwindowvisible 0;

check out the ‘Collectives’ section (p. 12) in the Max46Topics pdf. Among other things, this goes over how to have custom pref files, which is handy.

-ben b.

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:00am

You’re a living legend, thank you! Can you recommend any complete applications made in Max/MSP worth looking at as examples? I’ve downloaded some of the Karlheinz Essl ones, they look pretty tidy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.