Forums > MaxMSP

storing presets for data within a bpatcher

January 27, 2013 | 1:08 am

I’m making a patch intended for bpatcher to work with the dials from my midi controller. It has interface controls for scaling limits and output type (float, int, signal). It also has a learn mode for assigning the CC# it accepts input from. I would like to be able to save presets of the values within all of the bpatcher instances but I am unsure how to get started.

My first approach had a preset object outside the bpatchers that sent store and recall messages, and in the bpatcher a receive object would store or recall the preset value. It works fine, but only until the patch is closed, of course.

The documentation and google searches seem to point to the use of the pattr objects and storing to a coll. Does anyone have an example of using this approach?

January 27, 2013 | 6:49 pm

For your Bpatcher dials, attach a pattr with argument #1_Name -( where Name is a meaningful identifier for that particular control in the Bpattr. Autopattr should also work for multiple controls. In the Bpatcher inspector, the first argument you provide will be the prefix and identifier of the pattr objects. So, if the first argument for the instance is ONE, the pattr will appear to your pattrstorage as ONE_Name. Rinse and repeat for subsequent BPatchers. #0 will assign a unique identifier to each instance, but I’m not sure if the instances will have the same Identifier next time they are reloaded…

Save as BP_pattrtest

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Main patch….

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 27, 2013 | 8:12 pm

I think if you name them, the names will stick on reload – but I’m a n00b at this myself so pinch of salt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)