Forums > Jitter

Strange jerks in Jitter, not in Quicktime

February 22, 2007 | 9:43 am

Hi

I’m playing two 1080×810 animation jpeg movies on a quad G5 and from two different HDs (the internal and a FW800 one). The final rate is good (around 28-30) but I’m seeing some very short jerks in the pictures (in particular with long white forms moving horizontally and quite quickly). I tried to change the refresh rate but the video projector limits me to 75. When I loadram the films, things seems to get better, but in that project, I can’t do that.

The fact is I have not these artefacts with Quicktime in same conditions.

Have you an idea ?

Thank you

Charles

February 22, 2007 | 10:45 am

Hi,
if it is appropriate for your project you might use the "direct to
window" method.

John

Charles schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I’m playing two 1080×810 animation jpeg movies on a quad G5 and from two different HDs (the internal and a FW800 one). The final rate is good (around 28-30) but I’m seeing some very short jerks in the pictures (in particular with long white forms moving horizontally and quite quickly). I tried to change the refresh rate but the video projector limits me to 75. When I loadram the films, things seems to get better, but in that project, I can’t do that.
>
> The fact is I have not these artefacts with Quicktime in same conditions.
>
> Have you an idea ?
>
> Thank you
>
> Charles
>
>

February 22, 2007 | 1:03 pm

> Hi,
> if it is appropriate for your project you might use the "direct to
> window" method.

Thank you John, but I’m using some xfade objects in my patch. The movie has to be processed by jitter.

February 22, 2007 | 1:29 pm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)