Forums > MaxMSP

stripnote vs. sustain

April 25, 2011 | 6:29 pm

Hi, I am having a problem with a basic synth patch in which I am using the adsr~ object and controlling the sustain, but when I include the stripnote object to eliminate the double bang issue the note keeps on playing like it is still being held. But without the stripnote everything works perfectly am I missing an object? Thanks

April 25, 2011 | 6:35 pm

Without seeing your patch it’s hard to give advice. A generalization: stripnote removes the note length so that’s probably not what you want when working with adsr~

April 25, 2011 | 6:54 pm

is there another object which can be replaced with stripnote? i've attached a screenshot of the patch

[attachment=160372,2132]

Attachments:
  1. patch.png

April 25, 2011 | 7:14 pm

An option could be to use the borax object, that can tell you when the last key is released (number of active notes becomes 0).

April 25, 2011 | 9:09 pm

Pictures of a patch are not as good as posting your patch.

I would move stripnote below the keyslider and only use the note outlet to feed the mtof. Don’t use stripnote’s velo out to feed adsr~

April 25, 2011 | 10:33 pm

I can’t fix the issue here is my patch maybe you can get a clear idea.

Attachments:
  1. selector.maxpat

April 25, 2011 | 10:51 pm
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 26, 2011 | 12:00 pm

Thanks a lot Chris! that seems to work but unfortunately the notein object is not working

April 26, 2011 | 4:45 pm

Why not? Hang number boxes off of all it’s outputs to see what, if anything, it’s getting. If you double-click on notein in a locked patch, you get a menu of input ports.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)