Forums > MaxMSP

Struggling to save state

October 29, 2011 | 1:32 am

Based on the tutorial I saw on basic use of pattrstorage and autopattr, I tried again to create a test example (see attached patch) that can just save the state of the dials when the patcher is closed and reload the values when the patcher is opened again.

I must be missing something very basic but surely there ought to be a way to make this work. Would appreciate any insights. This is the only thing preventing me from finishing my project using Max for my live performances.

Many thanks

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

October 29, 2011 | 4:26 pm

Anyone know what I did wrong?

October 29, 2011 | 4:56 pm

Hello,

I used the message store instead of write and it seems to work. I put a del after the loadbang to give the patch time to do it’s thing before reloading the patch. There are better ways I am sure but at least it works.

October 29, 2011 | 5:15 pm

You weren’t saving into a slot of the pattrstorage and reloading This saves into slot 1, and restores that when re-opening. the savemode attribute is set to autosave.

October 29, 2011 | 6:09 pm

Chris, thank you for the patch but unfortunately, it does not work — at least not on my Max 6 environment.

I replaced my patch with your version and saved it. I then changed the dial positions and just closed the patcher. When I opened it again, the dials did not reflect my changes.

October 29, 2011 | 6:12 pm

@grizzle Your patch works but I get prompted to save the json data every time I close the patch after I make a change.

My goal is that any changes I make are just silently saved and reloaded.

October 29, 2011 | 6:16 pm

However, if I insert the [delay] into the loadbang of Chris’s patch, then it DOES work (yay) — so the combination of both answers seems to address the problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)