Forums > Jitter

Stuck in atmospheric light effects… my glowing object has to light clouds :-/

May 30, 2012 | 9:19 am

Hi there,
I studied some glow tips from the forum and especially from the Andrew's tuto (http://cycling74.com/2012/03/20/jitter-recipes-book-four/5/)

I extrapolated a bit Andrew's patch.
The result isn't totally what I'd like, but I'll improve it later.

In order to create nicer visuals, I'd like my glowing objects to light up that intersideral black void ..
I mean, I'd like to have plasma clouds, and other strange gas objects that would modify the light passing through them from the camera point of view

I know I miss many things here, but I'd like to know a couple of leads to follow to try to make that.

jit.gl.volume is nice but I guess I cannot create a volume around 3000×3000 OpenGL units without breaking my CPU (or the universe maybe)
So I guess there would be some tips (like create cube grids maybe, reflecting lights etc)

Anyone would push me in the good direction, here ?

Many thanks for your help

[attachment=195313,3970]

Attachments:
  1. thaGlowingLight.PNG

April 10, 2013 | 9:41 pm

Hi i just stumbled across this, i know yours is an old post but this is an effect i am trying to achieve on a current project.

I reconstructed your patch from the image and would basically like to apply the glow to a hollow cube built by sending list messages to a gridshape object.

The problem im having however is that only one of the bars which make up the cube is showing up when i integrate the appropriate aspects from your patch. I was wondering if you might have any idea why this might be happening?

thanks

April 10, 2013 | 10:33 pm

Usually textured billboard quad particles are used to achieve this sort of effect. I would experiment with some small number particles to create moving clouds. A good starting place might be the PartyLights recipe: http://cycling74.com/2012/03/20/jitter-recipes-book-four/5/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)