Stuck on an interaction question: how to push objects with camera feed

May 4, 2011 at 4:38am

Stuck on an interaction question: how to push objects with camera feed

I’ve been going back and forth between max and quartz composer trying to figure out how to do something like push a ball around the screen using a kinect.

My guess would to use jit.blob.bounds and a depth limited kinect and then employ some fancy js to have the projected object be pushed around when it falls into the same coordinates regions of my blob

Is there another way to work that may actually work with the figure a bit more..or is that too intensive. I’m trying to imagine maybe getting a centroid on a frame difference and using that to push the ball in some way, but I feel like that may be a bit difficult to tune correctly.

It seems like I’m missing something simple…I’ll try and get together a simple example if no one knows what I’m talking about at the moment.

May 11, 2011 at 10:14am

I made an first setup to achieve this with orientation detection. With some copy paste of Jean-Marc Pelletier his patches.
A difficult part is to detect the excact boundary and the rotation of the objects which it hits. The balls/other objects eventually has to be in an OpenGl setting, and of course react on the movement.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.