Forums > MaxMSP

Subject for my thesis in Interactive Sound? 3 month build/create+write-essay

December 22, 2010 | 4:54 am

Help!

It’s time for my bachelor thesis in computer science.

I am thinking of a subject for this thesis. It’s a 3 month essay within the field of "interactive sound design" (must be about sound interaction). Doesn’t have to be a psysical thing, can be a software too. or a maxmsp project.

my keywords to help you to help me:

interactive, wiimote, sound, design, maxmsp, java, processing, arduino, ps3 move, eyetoy, music, instrument, motion sensors, innovative

Any of this, combined or not, will make your brain go wild and give me some ideas of what i should write about, and create/build.

Thanks!

December 22, 2010 | 12:54 pm

hmm, one of the best parts of max is coming up with the idea, i suggest you do some thinking yourself, it’ll mean a whole lot more to build your project, rather than someone else’s.

December 22, 2010 | 7:59 pm

Hi
Perhaps it would help if we suggested additional keywords; personally, in the field of digital musical instruments, I always look out for:

expressivity, engagement, inclusive, tangible, tactile……..

HIH
Brendan

December 22, 2010 | 8:12 pm

Haptics is always fascinating. Useful is another keyword :) I think that an interactive system that creates the illusion that the user is NOT separated from the sound by a computer is one of the holy grails of interactive multimedia.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)