Suggestion on Patch Cords

Oct 21, 2011 at 7:21am

Suggestion on Patch Cords

Max 6 is awesome! Such a pleasure to patch :-) thanks.

Two little comments on the patch cords though:

1. When clicking on an object, would love to have all the related patch cords highlight. It would save having to hover over all the patch cords to find the right one.

2. Would be amazing to be able to choose their thickness. When opening Max 5 patches, it can get particularly busy. (Unless it’s there, but missing it)

These are super minor suggestions, but thought I’d throw it out there.

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:30pm

YES! I second the request for patchcords of varying thicknesses. Sometimes if you change the color of a patchcord it’s barely visible because they’re so thin. It would be great to be able to make a patchcord 2 or 3 or even 5 pixels thick so that a medium green is distinguishable from black, for example.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:17pm

Also do like the ideas concerning patchcords highlightning and varying the thickness – more or less, depending on the use-case, colour and if it’s a former Max 5 patch and so on…
And yes: version 6 is yet a great improvement of a perfect tool and concept :-)
Beeing very glad that Max 6 already works with Max for Live and JRuby for Max – to be found at: http://cycling74.com/toolbox/jruby-for-max
BTW: Among other things using “presentation mode” and Ruby (or another) scripting language may of course avoid quite a few patching-cords when those get too much in the way ;-)

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:22am

An option to make the cord look exactly the same as Max 5 is welcomed. I know you can disable curved cord, but the thickness and the color is not the same.

Oct 22, 2011 at 8:29pm

my buck-o-five:

i can deal without patch chords of varying thickness. just as in max5, i can achieve just as good a sense of organization by varying the opacity levels of the patch chords.

But i wouldn’t mind thinner patch chords in general. (perhaps close to the thin line one’s in max5, though there’s probably a comfortable medium, too)

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:04am

Please can we have the ability to alter the thickness of the patch cords!

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:22am

i agree, ‘twould be quite great.

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:19am

honestly, please let me change the chords back to the thinner ones!

with the think ones, my mouse can be over the chord by 1 pixel (from the right/bottom) but trying to select it fails because the selectable area seems to be smaller than the visible chord!! Its a headache… yes, its the little things that piss me off.

You are trying too hard, cycling 74, try sticking with the basics and it should work just fine!…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.