.swf file for use in jitter?

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:38pm

.swf file for use in jitter?

This question will probably seem pretty nubile for most of you;

I want to use a .swf file in jitter; is there a conversion program anyone knows of that can convert swf or quicktime or something else usable within jitter?

I’m new to mac, but have been doing Max/MSP stuff on my windows machine, so if anyone knows of a solution for either platform, it would be helpful.

#29286
Dec 18, 2006 at 8:49pm

>This question will probably seem pretty nubile for most of you;
>
>I want to use a .swf file in jitter; is there a conversion program
>anyone knows of that can convert swf or quicktime or something else
>usable within jitter?

There isn’t a conversion program. If your stuff uses Actionscript 1,
then you should take a look at the Jitter Tutorial. I believe that it’s
>Tutorial 44 or so that deals with ways to use Flash interactivity.


on the floor there’s a long wooden table/on the table there’s an open book/
on the page there’s a detailed drawing/and on the drawing is the name I took
Gregory Taylor http://www.rtqe.net

#91105
Dec 18, 2006 at 9:13pm

yeah, thanks. ill check it. the situation is frustrating because the file involves no interactivity whatsoever; its just a video already.

#91106
Dec 18, 2006 at 9:37pm

On Dec 18, 2006, at 1:13 PM, eric guenther wrote:

>
> yeah, thanks. ill check it. the situation is frustrating because
> the file involves no interactivity whatsoever; its just a video
> already.

Not sure if flv (flash video) works in QuickTime (only up to flash 5
features supported). For ripping .swf or .flv to avi/mpeg/other,
check out this:

http://www.flash-video-mx.com/swf_to_video/

Or other similar things around.

-Joshua

#91107
Dec 19, 2006 at 7:53am

If it’s just a video, you can save it as quicktime. If you’re using
flash with jitter try flashserver.

On 18/12/06, Joshua Kit Clayton wrote:
>
> On Dec 18, 2006, at 1:13 PM, eric guenther wrote:
>
> >
> > yeah, thanks. ill check it. the situation is frustrating because
> > the file involves no interactivity whatsoever; its just a video
> > already.
>
> Not sure if flv (flash video) works in QuickTime (only up to flash 5
> features supported). For ripping .swf or .flv to avi/mpeg/other,
> check out this:
>
> http://www.flash-video-mx.com/swf_to_video/
>
> Or other similar things around.
>
> -Joshua
>
>

#91108
Dec 25, 2006 at 6:50am

what do you mean save as quicktime?

i didnt create the flash file, i was just sent it…

#91109

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.