switch sflist buffer or sfplay buffer immediately ?

Oct 16, 2006 at 3:30pm

switch sflist buffer or sfplay buffer immediately ?

I was wondering if there is any way to switch the sflist~ or sfplay buffer immmediatly by replacing the buffer name in the sfplay arguement ?

For example, I need a buffer called “sound1″ which preloads many different sound files through sflist~, but I have another groups of sound files called “sound2″ that needs to replace the “sound1″ buffer in the middle of my interactive piece in order to use the same algorithm for the music. What can I do to achieve this ?

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Chien-Wen

Oct 16, 2006 at 4:40pm

couldnt you load the to groups of files in sflist~ and play the required cues when needed according to your algorythm .

if you have 8 soundfiles , 4 in each group, just add + 4 at the output of your algorythm when you need to play files from the second group.
although i am not sure wht your algorythm is exactly but apaprently says what cue to play when…

Quote: Cheng Chien-Wen wrote on Mon, 16 October 2006 08:30
—————————————————-
> I was wondering if there is any way to switch the sflist~ or sfplay buffer immmediatly by replacing the buffer name in the sfplay arguement ?
>
> For example, I need a buffer called “sound1″ which preloads many different sound files through sflist~, but I have another groups of sound files called “sound2″ that needs to replace the “sound1″ buffer in the middle of my interactive piece in order to use the same algorithm for the music. What can I do to achieve this ?
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chien-Wen
—————————————————-

Oct 16, 2006 at 6:21pm

My algorithm will randomly choose the sound files among the group to playback. For example, choose from cue 1 to 8 of a group of sound files.

I guess if there is no other way to switch the buffer for sflist, then I will need to make it work to choose the ranmdom number from 9 to 16, etc, when needed.

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.