Forums > Javascript

symbiosis of [Dict] , [pattr] & [JS]

March 7, 2013 | 10:18 pm

Hello everyone !

this must be really a noob thing but i cant get my head over it ,
Im binding my [Dict] with the [pattr] , to store data inside the patcher . I understand that when the [Dict] content has changed then the [pattr] is notified .
Everything is going as predicted while setting the data directly to the [Dict] object . But when i want to set some data through [JS] then [pattr] doesnt get dirty that way ? .
Is there something that i missed ?
how to let them live in symbiosis ?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

rejoice
K

March 8, 2013 | 11:12 am

anyone guys ? is there any elegant way of doing it ?

March 8, 2013 | 11:34 am

Looks like a bug to me, based on a very initial check. It’s been added to our queue of stuff to further investigate and fix, if necessary.

Thanks, Jeremy

March 8, 2013 | 11:57 am

paradoxally im feeling honored that i spotted the bug :D
Thank you Jeremy for your time ,and yes please take it under consideration !

edit :
will this be listed on a page while fixed ?

March 8, 2013 | 12:09 pm

It will show up in the Release Notes of whatever version it’s fixed in. If we’re really on the ball, we’ll come back to the forum and make another note here, but don’t count on that. :-)

Jeremy

March 8, 2013 | 12:12 pm

no problem Jeremy ,if its not there i will hunt for it in the release notes for the future updates . Thanks anyway

March 8, 2013 | 1:58 pm

as for now this is the workaround that works in 99 % of the situations . that 1 % missing has to do with direct save without prompting a dialog window . touching menu or saving through shortcut will not make window out of focus which is required to let this trick work properly . I found this solution more convinient as i would love to not to HIT the [dict] on every operation two times (from JS and outside) , so this way [dict] gets dirty when window is out of focus . If someone has better idea , please share your thoughts . Thanks and see you .

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)