Sync function and ~waveform windows

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:10pm

Sync function and ~waveform windows

I have been trying to sync a ~waveform window and a function window so that a user can use the waveform as a guide when adding points. I have the two windows overlaid and I am using a standard rslider to pan and zoom (with a little math to manage the ~waveform window since its zoom and pan require different input than the function.)

Even with the math seemingly correct, the two types of widows behave differently, and I am having trouble figuring out how they differ. One slip along the other, especially when zoomed in close.

My goal is to allow a user to adjust the color and intensity of lights during playback of sounds.

Here is my example patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Thanks!

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:16pm

I’ve solved the waveform~ and function sync issues! It was a bit of work, and there are a few limitations, but it will provide a nice way to edit X,Y points using the sound file as a guide. I also have groove~ playing a loop of the displayed area to help clarify what part of the buffer is being viewed.

The next task is to save the X,Y points, along with a reference to the sound file path, so that they can be edited further at a later time. I will bring up the last set of X,Y points when a sound is selected with umenu.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.