Forums > MaxMSP

sync LFO with rewire

October 13, 2009 | 1:19 pm

Hi,
I want to use digital performer to sync lfo in max using hostsync~. I’m certainly doing something wrong because in the end my sine wave look more square than sine !

If somebody could help me.

Thanks,
Pierre

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

October 13, 2009 | 1:35 pm

I’m doing some tests with DP and Max thru Rewire right now, so your post arrived at the right time for me Wink

The sine wave looks like a sine wave for me, so I cannot really help.

Here are just a few comments:

Why don’t you simply use [hostphasor~]?
In your [p rewire], you should abstract 48000 and use [adstatus sr] output’s instead.
Did you know you can send the "clocksource rewire" message to [transport] rather than sending [hostsync~]‘s output ? That’s what I’m currently testing (with strange results, BTW).

Good luck…

p

October 13, 2009 | 1:48 pm

Thanks Patrick, the "clocksource rewire" message resolved the problem !

October 13, 2009 | 2:25 pm

I have strange behaviours too.
DP and Max are not completely in sync. There’s some ticks differences but i can live with that.
And when I start the song not from the begining, max totally lose the sync. That’s a problem. But I don’t know if it’s DP’s or max’s.
Pierre

October 13, 2009 | 2:36 pm

I don’t think it’s DP.

I’m testing time signature changes. If you start DP in the middle, Max (but any other rewire client I tried) will compute the bar number with the current signature…
Changes from 4/4 to 3/8 will also introduce some differences.

I need to check all this a bit deeper, but don’t have time now.

My project is to send the bar|beat position from DP to Max thru Rewire, but couldn’t find any perfectly working solution yet – the [hostsync~] way didn’t work better so far…

p

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)