Forums > MaxMSP

sync~ ramp distortion

July 13, 2007 | 2:23 pm

Hi list,

Can someone PLEASE tell me why when using rtin, sync~ doesn’t output a smooth ramp – I’m getting some sort of pulse interfering with the ramp, even with the simplest of patches. There was a similar post in the archive but it didn’t seem to give me a clear explaination.

Is it my version of max (4.5.1) my sound card (M-Audio) etc.

I can get a more reliable ramp by taking bangs from the sync~ and using click~ and a second sync~ to get my ramp, but that obviously defeats the purpose.

thanks.
vic

July 13, 2007 | 3:11 pm

i think u might want to install the latest version, seem to remember sync~ having been updated in one of the recent updates.

j

July 13, 2007 | 5:50 pm

Quote: pechnatunk wrote on Fri, 13 July 2007 08:23
—————————————————-
> Hi list,
>
>
> Can someone PLEASE tell me why when using rtin, sync~ doesn’t output a smooth ramp – I’m getting some sort of pulse interfering with the ramp, even with the simplest of patches. There was a similar post in the archive but it didn’t seem to give me a clear explaination.
>
> Is it my version of max (4.5.1) my sound card (M-Audio) etc.
>
> I can get a more reliable ramp by taking bangs from the sync~ and using click~ and a second sync~ to get my ramp, but that obviously defeats the purpose.
>
> thanks.
> vic
—————————————————-

i remember this problem but i thought it was a pluggo vs protools 7.11 problem only?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)