syncing two bangs

May 16, 2009 at 10:00am

syncing two bangs

Hi guys

I am very new to MAX/Jitter and I’m making a piece of interactive art where flapping your arms in the air triggers a video

I have divided my webcam into 9 parts and now I would like to activate the video to play forward (bang) when either both the top right&left or both the bottom right&left segments are ‘banged’, but the catch is that the first segment can’t be activated first so that when the second corresponding bang is activated, the video is triggered. I need the final bang only to happen when both the two segments are banged at the same time..

does anyone have a suggestion??
I hope my description is adequate:)

Danielle

May 16, 2009 at 1:25pm

Dan See wrote on Sat, 16 May 2009 05:00Hi guys

I am very new to MAX/Jitter and I’m making a piece of interactive art where flapping your arms in the air triggers a video

I have divided my webcam into 9 parts and now I would like to activate the video to play forward (bang) when either both the top right&left or both the bottom right&left segments are ‘banged’, but the catch is that the first segment can’t be activated first so that when the second corresponding bang is activated, the video is triggered. I need the final bang only to happen when both the two segments are banged at the same time..

they’ll never be triggered at *exactly* the same time, but you can test whether they are both active at a given point. if you want to test whether they both get triggered within a certain time, you can use [delay] or [thresh].

try this:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
May 16, 2009 at 2:08pm

hi.. some days ago i been in a similar situation.. i solved in this way..

bye,
o

ps: you need to press key a and s ina certain amount of time to get the last big bang…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
May 17, 2009 at 10:48am

Thanks very much for the speedy reply
I wasn’t able to unfortunately read your patcher, Carsol, thanks anyway:)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.