synth library?

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:19am

synth library?

just got into synth building… very cool stuff
i was wondering if anyone has put together a database of downloadable synths? and/or know of anywhere in particular that i could search for such a request…

i.e. choose your sound; download one if available kinda thing?

thanks for your time

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:31am

Not so sure if this exists but try getting your hands on a copy of The Synthesizer Cookbook. It’s really good at helping you design sounds and knowing what goes into making them

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:55am

Not sure about the synth database. What you are asking for is probably a some kind of user library with tag navigation. Reaktor has one as well as other products of the same company. In fact N**ve In**ts managed this concept quite well, before they killed Kore.

I think http://www.maxobjects.com/ and http://maxforlive.com/ are good places to start.

The book mentioned is quite nice, however author is focused on how to deconstruct the sound and recreate it using typical analog/VA synth. There is not so much information about the sound or synth design in general. Examples provided are also somewhat uninteresting. However, I bought the book and also T-shirt & mouse pad (both suck) to support the author. Seems like he prints the book in his own basement.

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:33pm

I only have Max 6 – don´t have max for live

Is there a way to download just the Max patch for Max for live devices?

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:10pm

It’s not possible and wouldn’t make much sense.
Note that the patches are designed for running in the Live environment, not in Max standalone.

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:34pm

I have a model of Stilson’s Moog ladder filter implementation in my projects, and there’s a helpfile with a simple monosynth using it. HTH.

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:07am

it is this forum – post a request and eventually someone has an example patch. :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.