Forums > MaxMSP

Sysex woes (again)


f.e
January 13, 2007 | 10:12 pm

I’m struggling with my Korg again, and can’t remember how i wrote my
previous & precious control patches (!). I may have use Lsx & Lhx from
Peter Elsea, but it doesn’t seem to help me today. I can’t figure how i
came from "F0 42 4g 6E 02" (as written in the manual) to an acceptable
"240 66 64 110 2" (sysex header specific to Korg) for [sxformat]. The
Lhx gives me something like "F0h 42h 40h 6Eh 02h". Yes, ok, it’s not far
from the above, but too much for me to catch the thing.

Any help from the Bcr2000 team, out there ?

f.e


f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|


January 15, 2007 | 2:42 am

The "4g" is decimal 64 plus the current global channel (0-15). So you need to query the KONTROL for its global channel – extract it from the response to the device inquiry you sent(?) and store it for future use – before you can send it much that’s useful…



f.e
January 15, 2007 | 9:11 am

Thank you all, and special thanks to you Peter, for your really handfull
precisions. I hope you had found a free Wifi spot for your airport in
the airport ;-)

And Nick, good luck with your OSC-to-SQL.

cheers

f.e

f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

Peter Castine wrote:
> On 14-Jan-2007, at 15:23, f.e wrote:
>
>> Why the order of the bits are inversed ? (B4-7 before the B0-B1…)
>
> Conventionally bits are numbered from right to left, least-significant
> to most significant.
>
> That way a bit’s value is 2 raised to the position number. (Least
> significant is 2^0 = 1, most significant is 2^7 = 128)
>
>> But, if i want to set it both to ‘PitchBend’, 0000 2222 is illegal (?!)
>
> Bits can only be one or zero. The documentation means:
>
>> | B2,3 | Pad-Y MesgTransmit | 0/1/2=Disable/CC/PitchBend |
>
> Bits 3 and 2 can take three possible legal values
>
> 00 // Disabled
> 01 // CC
> 10 // Pitch Bend
> 11 // ILLEGAL, INVALID, UNDEFINED, DON’T DO THIS
>
> Because
>
> binary decimal
> 00 = 0
> 01 = 1
> 10 = 2
> 11 = 3
>
> Analogously for Pad-X MesgTransmit
>
>> Thanks in advance, it’s killing my sunday…
>
> Don’t worry, at least you’re not jetlagging after a 20 hour flight.
> Actually, the flight was OK, but hanging around in Newark for 6 hours
> waiting for a connection is a killer…
>
> — P (Back in Berlin, back on broadband)
>
>
> ————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
> Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
> Universal Binaries on the way
> iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
> Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
> Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
> http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de
>
>
>


January 15, 2007 | 6:25 pm

f.e wrote:
> Thanks in advance, it’s killing my sunday…

You must not work on sundays… ;-) Let the Korg work for you…
I’d always get sysex out of the machine, analyse it and compare to the
charts. Then try to resend with minor changes and see if it receives
successfully and what changed. Look at it as if it is a puzzle to solve,
the right thing (the puzzle) to do on sundays by the way…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com



f.e
January 15, 2007 | 7:03 pm

Exactly what i’m doing. But it’s a long long puzzle. See, we’re Monday,
and it’s still not solved :-)

f.e

f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> f.e wrote:
>> Thanks in advance, it’s killing my sunday…
>
> You must not work on sundays… ;-) Let the Korg work for you…
> I’d always get sysex out of the machine, analyse it and compare to the
> charts. Then try to resend with minor changes and see if it receives
> successfully and what changed. Look at it as if it is a puzzle to
> solve, the right thing (the puzzle) to do on sundays by the way…
>
> Stefan
>


January 15, 2007 | 7:50 pm

On 15 Jan 2007, at 19:03, f.e wrote:

> Exactly what i’m doing. But it’s a long long puzzle. See, we’re
> Monday, and it’s still not solved :-)

Yeah, but look on the bright side: I can now record OSC into an SQL
database…

– N.



f.e
January 15, 2007 | 7:54 pm

Hey great job ! Please, feel free to share .-)

f.e

f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

Nick Rothwell wrote:
>
> On 15 Jan 2007, at 19:03, f.e wrote:
>
>> Exactly what i’m doing. But it’s a long long puzzle. See, we’re
>> Monday, and it’s still not solved :-)
>
> Yeah, but look on the bright side: I can now record OSC into an SQL
> database…
>
> — N.
>
>


Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)