Forums > MaxMSP

tablet questions

February 1, 2012 | 5:31 pm

Hey,

I am considering to buy a tablet.

Primarily I want to use it as interface for Max. I saw an iPad with TouchOSC in action and really liked it. I am wondering multitouch with TouchOSC on androit is supported? I read somewhere that it is not, but maybe I am wrong? (I also read some threads in this forum a while ago, but don’t remember which ones…)

The reason why I am considering an androit, is that I also would like to use it as a kind of field monitore (or at least preview monitor) for filming. This app: http://dslrcontroller.com/ might make it possible for androit. For ipad I couldn’t find anything so far. Any ideas?

Third question:
is it possible to send out fullscreen video from a tablet (ipad o whatsoever) to a second monitor / projector using Max? I know that there are adapters and apps to use a second monitor on an ipad, but how to do it with Max?

Thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction!

February 1, 2012 | 5:46 pm

You can’t run max on an mobile tablet (iPad, etc…) in answer to the 3rd q.

February 1, 2012 | 7:03 pm

I don’t know anything about TouchOSC on Android. I don’t know if you heard, but the Lemur software has made its way to the iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lemur/id481290621?mt=8

I’m not sure if they have plans to port it to Android.

February 1, 2012 | 7:49 pm

I would say get an ASUS tablet or an HP Slate. Both run Win7, therefore also
run Max.

February 1, 2012 | 9:08 pm

TouchOSC is running fine on Android tablets (tested on Asus EEE Pad Transformer and Ice Cream Sandwich). However there’s no Lemur or Fantastick for Android yet.

February 1, 2012 | 11:02 pm

Personnaly for have used TouchOSC while one year, I’m really impressed by the Lemur App, it is really fast, I can get signal scope (In LQ of course) on my ipad and the javascript is really useful for add /z on a object change dynamicly your interface and more. for exemple, the Multipad send a list of all the state of the toggles when you press a pad, but you can program the soft for give you a list only the coordinate and the value, there is a lot of exemple like this.

February 2, 2012 | 9:04 am

Hey guys,

thanks for the answers! I’ll think about it. The Lemur App really sounds convincing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)