tap tempo looper, playback rate, transport.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:23pm

tap tempo looper, playback rate, transport.

i want to record a loop, whilst also setting the tempo, start the transport at the end of the loop, and have the playback rate change according to tempo changes.

i will post my efforts, once i patch them down into small things, have tried using groove~ with some maths to recalculate the playback ratio on tempo change, and have tried using phasor~, translating ms to bbu or hz, but it doesnt listen to tempo changes when using certain translate formats. i have no problem working this out when the transport is running, but when its idle, i can record an initial loop, but cant figure out a decent way to follow the playback in relation to tempo. basically i am trying to build a basic version of Ableton lives looper to use stand alone in maxmsp 6.

examples to follow shortly.

thanks
ned.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:34pm

heres my attempt using groove~

i’m no expert so any ideas would be horsome.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Nov 23, 2012 at 12:24pm

anyone?

thanks

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:24pm

I think you’d probably get more help if you made your patch clearer. I found it difficult to follow the flow of the patch. That aside here is a patch which does what you want. Uses play~ instead of groove~ because it can be run from a phasor~ locked to the transport. It’s set up to record one bar.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Nov 25, 2012 at 11:23am

thanks for your post. and sorry for the messy patch.

this is really great, very insightful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.