Forums > Jitter

Tearing/Jitter With Horizontal Scrolling Text

February 29, 2008 | 6:55 am

I have created a patch that uses open GL to render text to a videoplane and scroll it across. R to L… simple enough eh?

flow is as follows – text passed into jit.gl.text2d – that writes to a matrix called DUMP – which is then scaled/squashed to fit the videoplane and fed into a videoplane called BMG –

the reason for rendering to a matrix first was to enable future versions of the patch to have 3 scrolling marquees. i wasnt able to accomplish this except by rendering to a matrix first, then patching that matrix into each instance of the videoplane – not sure if this is the proper method for this

driving the entire thing using ONE Qmetro that drives both the DUMP matrix, the render statement for the BMG videoplane -as well as an additional render statement for the DUMP matrix.

i am driving the scroll effect with a line (linked to position)- and have also used the system clock, modulo (%) and the pattr storage object (a-la- jitter recipie 31) in an attemt to smooth movement. it did not help much…it seems

basically im looking to clean up the text jitter as much as possible while still keeping it running at a quick pace.

im not sure if its polite to post my massive patch here – so please post back if you would be so kind as to look at it –

thanks –

Joshua

———————–

February 29, 2008 | 7:00 am

should have been more specific with one detail – im driving the position field of jit.gl.text2d – not of the videoplane – with the line statement. so im actually moving text around the videoplane, not moving around using the video plane -

does that make sense?

January 31, 2014 | 7:43 am

hey! it’s from a long time ago now, but i’d love to see this code…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)