text in LCD object, problem with font name

Nov 8, 2008 at 10:11pm

text in LCD object, problem with font name

hi,

does anybody know how to get around the following problem in v4.6.3:

i want to use a font called ‘Synchro LET’ in an LCD object. the problem is that LCD’s font message only works with font names that consist of only 1 word.

i’ve tried the ‘old-fashioned’ way, with numbers instead of fontnames, but that always gives me the same font somehow.

also, the max window keeps telling me:
“was in timer proc”
whatever that means…

grtz,
xaf

here’s a patch to explain what i mean:

max v2;
#N vpatcher 180 95 676 496;
#P button 329 49 15 0;
#P window setfont “Sans Serif” 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P message 329 74 53 196617 whatever;
#P number 329 27 35 9 0 0 64 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P message 238 28 66 196617 Synchro LET;
#P newex 191 119 48 196617 loadbang;
#P message 154 120 33 196617 48;
#P newex 164 70 80 196617 prepend symbol;
#P newex 269 171 45 196617 prepend;
#P newex 269 147 62 196617 prepend set;
#P message 185 28 40 196617 Impact;
#P message 149 28 33 196617 Arial;
#P newex 269 126 66 196617 prepend font;
#P number 125 140 35 9 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P newex 56 113 40 196617 t b b b;
#P newex 56 254 69 196617 prepend ascii;
#P newex 56 228 40 196617 atoi;
#P button 56 96 13 0;
#P newex 56 202 125 196617 dialog Team Yellow NAME;
#P message 86 139 33 196617 clear;
#P message 71 177 67 196617 moveto 1 $1;
#P user lcd 56 287 285 75 0 0 0 0 0;
#P comment 164 142 100 196617 font size;
#P fasten 15 0 5 0 169 91 61 91;
#P connect 5 0 8 0;
#P connect 15 0 4 0;
#P connect 8 0 4 0;
#P connect 4 0 6 0;
#P connect 6 0 7 0;
#P fasten 14 0 1 0 274 278 61 278;
#P connect 2 0 1 0;
#P connect 3 0 1 0;
#P connect 7 0 1 0;
#P fasten 9 0 2 0 130 168 76 168;
#P connect 8 1 2 0;
#P connect 8 2 3 0;
#P connect 16 0 9 0;
#P fasten 8 1 9 0 76 134 130 134;
#P connect 17 0 16 0;
#P connect 18 0 15 0;
#P connect 20 0 15 0;
#P connect 12 0 15 0;
#P connect 11 0 15 0;
#P connect 18 0 10 0;
#P connect 19 0 10 0;
#P connect 12 0 10 0;
#P connect 11 0 10 0;
#P connect 10 0 13 0;
#P fasten 9 0 14 0 130 168 274 168;
#P connect 13 0 14 0;
#P connect 19 0 21 0;
#P connect 21 0 20 0;
#P pop;

#40742
Nov 8, 2008 at 10:55pm

try putting the font name “in quote marks”

On Nov 8, 2008, at 5:11 PM, xaf wrote:

>
> hi,
>
> does anybody know how to get around the following problem in v4.6.3:
>
> i want to use a font called ‘Synchro LET’ in an LCD object. the
> problem is that LCD’s font message only works with font names that
> consist of only 1 word.
>
> i’ve tried the ‘old-fashioned’ way, with numbers instead of
> fontnames, but that always gives me the same font somehow.
>
> also, the max window keeps telling me:
> “was in timer proc”
> whatever that means…
>
> grtz,
> xaf
>
> here’s the patch:
>
> max v2;
> #N vpatcher 180 95 676 496;
> #P button 329 49 15 0;
> #P window setfont “Sans Serif” 9.;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #P message 329 74 53 196617 whatever;
> #P number 329 27 35 9 0 0 64 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
> #P message 238 28 66 196617 Synchro LET;
> #P newex 191 119 48 196617 loadbang;
> #P message 154 120 33 196617 48;
> #P newex 164 70 80 196617 prepend symbol;
> #P newex 269 171 45 196617 prepend;
> #P newex 269 147 62 196617 prepend set;
> #P message 185 28 40 196617 Impact;
> #P message 149 28 33 196617 Arial;
> #P newex 269 126 66 196617 prepend font;
> #P number 125 140 35 9 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
> #P newex 56 113 40 196617 t b b b;
> #P newex 56 254 69 196617 prepend ascii;
> #P newex 56 228 40 196617 atoi;
> #P button 56 96 13 0;
> #P newex 56 202 125 196617 dialog Team Yellow NAME;
> #P message 86 139 33 196617 clear;
> #P message 71 177 67 196617 moveto 1 $1;
> #P user lcd 56 287 285 75 0 0 0 0 0;
> #P comment 164 142 100 196617 font size;
> #P fasten 15 0 5 0 169 91 61 91;
> #P connect 5 0 8 0;
> #P connect 15 0 4 0;
> #P connect 8 0 4 0;
> #P connect 4 0 6 0;
> #P connect 6 0 7 0;
> #P fasten 14 0 1 0 274 278 61 278;
> #P connect 2 0 1 0;
> #P connect 3 0 1 0;
> #P connect 7 0 1 0;
> #P fasten 9 0 2 0 130 168 76 168;
> #P connect 8 1 2 0;
> #P connect 8 2 3 0;
> #P connect 16 0 9 0;
> #P fasten 8 1 9 0 76 134 130 134;
> #P connect 17 0 16 0;
> #P connect 18 0 15 0;
> #P connect 20 0 15 0;
> #P connect 12 0 15 0;
> #P connect 11 0 15 0;
> #P connect 18 0 10 0;
> #P connect 19 0 10 0;
> #P connect 12 0 10 0;
> #P connect 11 0 10 0;
> #P connect 10 0 13 0;
> #P fasten 9 0 14 0 130 168 274 168;
> #P connect 13 0 14 0;
> #P connect 19 0 21 0;
> #P connect 21 0 20 0;
> #P pop;
>
>

#144442
Nov 8, 2008 at 11:19pm

yes that works, thanks!

grtz,
xaf

#144443
Nov 9, 2008 at 12:07am

I had also this “was in timer proc” and don’t knew anthing about it. It’s probably not important since they’re on the fifth’ … (

#144444
Nov 9, 2008 at 12:17am

On 9 nov. 08, at 01:07, Derrick Giscloux wrote:

> I had also this “was in timer proc” and don’t knew anthing about
> it. It’s probably not important since they’re on the fifth’ … (

It’s a debug post which was left there (in 4.6):

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?%20t=msg&goto=105563&rid=0&S=fb7ca98dd5732ae37cae8053572a48ff&srch=was+in%20+timer+proc#msg_105563

Sorry for any inconvenience,
ej

#144445
Nov 9, 2008 at 12:24am

wo !
we have rocket at Cycling’
I go to
thanks ej

#144446

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.