Forums > MaxMSP

this.patcher delete jit.windows

July 3, 2012 | 10:24 pm

Hi,

if i first generate 2 jit.windows and connect both to a jit.qt.movie object, and if i then delete the first jit.windows via this.patcher, also playback on the second stops… Both on win7 and osx…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 4, 2012 | 3:26 am

watch out for creating duplicate jit.windows on top of the ones that are already there. every time you click "II" you are doing this, and the scripting names automatically get array notation like "win21[1]", "win21[2]", etc., because they must be unique. So these will NOT connect to jit.qt.movie via scripting, because your script command doesn’t specify "win21[1]" etc. And your new windows will be created on top of the old ones, so it will seem like they’re not playing back (and they shouldn’t!). Use "border 1" so you can move them after creating them and you’ll see what’s happening.

Cool idea though, you just need to ensure that things are spaced apart from each other, so you can see the different layers. [sprintf] can help with specific script commands.

July 4, 2012 | 8:49 am

not sure i f i understood you correctly, but i click ‘ÌI’ only once, so i have 2 different jit.windows (win21 + win22 named in this case);
if i would delete win22 (the one that was created later) now, there is no problem. But if I delete win21 (the one that was generated first), playback also stops on win22:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 4, 2012 | 6:46 pm

seems to work fine here, Max 6.0.4, OSX 10.6.8.

July 4, 2012 | 8:37 pm

hi thanks for checking again
it is strange, i always get this error: jit.gl.texture: setting subteximage during submission: gl error: invalid operation, both on osx 10.06.08 with a 2 years old mbp 15 and a new win7 64 machine with the latest asus eyefinity 6 3gb graphics card. more strange if i have another patch running with different jit.windows at
the same time it seems to work, but i get the same error and a different jit.windows is kicked off

July 4, 2012 | 8:43 pm

p.s. both machines run max 6.0.5. i have connected one pc to 12 screens and 4 live cameras, and run max in 3 different instances /runtime/app/max to make use of the multicores

July 6, 2012 | 11:42 pm

found a old thread that says that if you send a jit.window to an offscreen position it doesn’t waste cpu or gpu…

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=8229

so maybe that is a workaround for my problem…
still a little bit astonished about my problems that occur if i delete a jit.window

July 7, 2012 | 9:03 pm

I get the same error on OS X 10.7.4 and latest Max…
jit.gl.texture: setting subteximage during submission.: GL Error: Invalid operation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)