[thispatcher] in Presentation Mode…

May 1, 2009 at 7:28am

[thispatcher] in Presentation Mode…

Hi,
Just figuring out the [thispatcher] object and playing a little. My goal is to be able to add buttons to a interface to re-size the entire window. How can I get [thispatcher] to work in Presentation Mode? I sent the [window size] msg to [thispatcher] and it alwways changes the *patching* window, not presentation. Did a search on this and couldn’t find the answer…

Thanks,
Brian

May 1, 2009 at 9:05am

It sets the size for both patching and presentation modes for me. Try this patch out which is basically part of the [thispatcher] help file, it should work. If it doesn’t please let us know exactly what it is and isn’t doing.

lh

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
May 1, 2009 at 9:34pm

Thanks… this is still weird for me. Your patch works fine. There must be something operational I’m missing because it behaves as expected for awhile, then I move some windows around and it doesn’t. Does using the New View command (1 view for patcher, 1 view for Presentation) impact this? That seems to be one thing that causes it to change. How about if 1 or more of them is in Edit mode at the time?

=

More detail:

When things confuse me, this is how it’s acting: In my patch, if the patch’s Presentation Mode window is open and main patcher window is *not*, window msgs to [thispatcher] resize the presentation window fine, as expected. If *only* the patcher window is open, it resizes that. If both are open (by making a New View) it still resizes the *patcher* window. So it seems like [thispatcher] wants to affect the patcher window first, and if that’s not open it will affect Presentation. So I think it could be functional in the end, but this isn’t really how I would expect it would act. Did I miss something in the docs? Is this behavior expected under some circumstance?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.