Forums > MaxMSP

Toggle Between Two Soundbanks?

June 13, 2007 | 2:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to do something really simple but it seems that everything I try just doesn’t work.

The Idea:
I have two sets of sounds:
1. Loops
2. Short Samples

I am using a PS2 controller to control these sounds. What I want to do is to be able to use the four-button array (square, triangle, circle and x) to select one of the four samples, per bank. I’m able to select the loops but what I need is to be able to hold down the left-trigger (for example) and use the same four-button array for the other four short samples.

The Problem:
I have tried using a [gate] as a way of separating the signals, but the gate doesn’t seem to carry the values assigned to each button. Is there a way I can do what I am trying to achieve?

I hope somebody can help as even with the help files and perseverance I just can’t seem to get this seemingly simple section of my patch to work.

Thanks in advace to anyone that replies.

Jamie.

June 14, 2007 | 7:02 pm

Could you use a select for each of the shoulder buttons- and have them move between the different sections of the gate – the problem I’m guessing is that you are trying to get it so that 1 button is held down and hi isnt the best thing in the world in my experiance for multiple similar messages. the only difference would be that instead of holding a shoulder button- you’d tap it.

T

June 15, 2007 | 8:58 pm

Jamie schrieb:
> The Problem: I have tried using a [gate] as a way of separating the
> signals, but the gate doesn’t seem to carry the values assigned to
> each button. Is there a way I can do what I am trying to achieve?

Without example patch there is only a guess, but it sounds like you
haven’t done the tutorials which would explain the difference between
audio objects (those with ~) and the plain Max objects.

Maybe you wanted to try [gate~ 2] ???

If I’m completely wrong with my guess, send a patch…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)