Forums > MaxMSP

toggling between two tuners

January 24, 2013 | 10:17 am

Greetings I have an idea for a tuner I am using to control an external synth via CC, and want to upload the code for the patcher so I cab better illustrate what I need to do. Can someone please tell me how to export the file (use .json, patcher etc) so that I can copy past like people do in here?

Once I upload the code for you to see, you should be able to see the two groups of objects that I want to toggle between.
Essentially, one group of objects features a live.dial that creeps up in steps (-12 to 12 in steps of one semitone), going the whole span of two octaves and exporting the data CC. The second group is the same, except it does not use steps, as it goes up smoothly,and not as incrementally obvious as the other one with 24 steps.

SO what i want to do is have a toggle switch that will allow the user to toggle ‘step mode’ for the pitch change. Anyways, if someone could please help me figure out how to upload the code first, then I could illustrate this better.

Thanks kindly..

January 24, 2013 | 10:35 am

Morning!

Here is some info on this for you’re if you new to the forum,

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=36405

Summary for what you want to do is,

• Select the part of the patch you wish to copy
• Choose Copy Compressed from the Edit menu to copy the selected objects to the clipboard.
• Switch to your browser and paste the contents of the clipboard into your post window.

If you post the code up ill gladly help,

Regards,

Oli

January 24, 2013 | 10:55 am

figured it out with switches. THanks for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)