Forums > MaxMSP

tracking moving object in jit.window

May 10, 2013 | 4:44 pm

so guys what i’m trying to do is this: I have a hit.window with displays some objects (they are images from my computer) and these objects are moving up and down and nearer and further. Now I’d need to create a grid in the window object and track in which part of the grid the objects are…any ideas?
thanks

May 10, 2013 | 5:21 pm

are you using GL?
posting a simple patch will help us help you.

May 13, 2013 | 8:52 am

so this is the very basic patch. I’m trying to built a grid on the hit.window in order to track where is the image every moment but I didn’t manage to create anything working yet…

May 13, 2013 | 8:53 am

it seems that the file won’t open so let’s try another way

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

May 14, 2013 | 11:10 am

hi, please read the below link regarding posting compressed patches to the forum:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/welcome-to-the-cycling-74-forums-take-a-moment-to-read-these-instructions/

May 14, 2013 | 4:40 pm

I’m sorry about that do I need to repost it in the correct way?

May 14, 2013 | 4:51 pm

yes of course.
and if you can edit your original post removing the uncompressed version, it will make this thread much easier to read.
thanks.

May 14, 2013 | 4:58 pm

ok now it should be fine..

May 14, 2013 | 5:01 pm

so you’re controlling the objects using position messages, right?
why do you need to track them? you already have the position for each object…

May 14, 2013 | 5:05 pm

yes I will control them with the position messages…well I was just wondering how could I map the jit.window and then output the same position object again (there’s no practical need in this occasion I know it’s just a random thought!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)