Forums > Jitter

trails over a movie

December 3, 2007 | 10:24 pm

i have a nice gl.sketch animation rendering over another videoplane where i play a movie..i can’t get the nice trails that i usually get adjusting gl.render erase_color because of the videoplane updating below..if i stop rendering videoplane i get my trails of course…how to leave trails over a movie?..is there some trick.actually nothing comes to mind..
thanks
mic

December 3, 2007 | 10:27 pm

said that i absolutely understand that is normal behaviour

December 3, 2007 | 10:30 pm

ah one last thing..i know i can gate the "reset" message to gl.sketch but slows down the entire patch fps..not acceptable

December 4, 2007 | 4:10 pm

have you tried using different blend modes on the videoplane, that might work… (disclaimer) altho’ i’ll be the first to admit i have not tried it myself!

j

December 4, 2007 | 4:56 pm

Blend modes wouldn’t work, I don’t think, as they don’t provide you with a place to leave trails…to leave trails over another object you’d need to store them somewhere…as you can’t use the render buffer because of the video.

It’d probably best if you could use a shader on your sketch output. But i don’t know how to go about that :).

December 4, 2007 | 6:10 pm

hei thanks for the replies..Bas you are right..slab processing to add feedback to the gl sceen is a possible way to do
mic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)