Forums > Jitter

Transparency in jit.pwindow

November 23, 2010 | 12:16 pm

Hello

Im creating a basic driving element to a max patch.

I have a still image of a truck that i want to rotate using player controls.
For now i am running this picture through a jit.qt.movie>Jit.rota>jit.pwindow

The rotation works fine, but my problem is that i want to image to have a transparent background.

The image is a png with a transparent background (alpha is yes) when loaded in preview, but when displayed in the pwindow, there is a black background, which is completely undesirable.

This pwindow is overlayed onto a fpic of my background area for driving around.

I have been able to use fpic to create a transparent background, but i don’t think that fpic allows for rotation of the image, well i haven’t been able to find a way.

I have looked around on the forums, there are a few similar topics to this, but i haven’t been able to sort my problem out.

Anyway my questions are;
How do i make the background colour of a jit.pwindow transparent?
Is there a different type of window where i can display a transparent picture, and still rotate it?
Or, Is there a better way of me overlaying two images, one which can rotate, and the other which can displace?

Thanks
Aiden

Bellow is the text for an extraction of my patch.

[ mod - removed patch - please use copy compressed ]

efe
November 23, 2010 | 12:38 pm

please copy compressed your patch

November 23, 2010 | 2:16 pm

Woah, sorry for anyone reading all that. I have figured out a way around it, using a jpict and a large file showing all rotations of the truck. I have then just moved the image around to show the correct rotation in the active window.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)