Forums > MaxMSP

Trouble with 2 poly~ in 1 patch


all
December 9, 2012 | 12:53 pm

Hello

I use 2 poly~ objects in 1 patch to play 2 polyphonic synthesizer (poly~1 and poly~2).
Each poly~ has an ADSR~ object to control amplitude envelopes, busy-state management, anti-click retriggering, and dynamic DSP switching.
I have UI objects (number/flonum box) outside from the poly~ to change A, D, S and R. I have A, D, S and R control for poly~1 and for poly~2 separately.

My trouble : when I change UI object (A, D, S or R) of the poly~1, that change for poly~ 2 too (not the number/flonum box af A, D,S, R in poly~ but in the sound).
I would like 2 ADSR envelopes different.

What is the solution ?

Best regards

All


December 9, 2012 | 6:13 pm

? you need a gate probably, that will route ADSR to either of ploys


December 9, 2012 | 9:17 pm

If you have two instances of the poly~ object each referencing the same poly~ file you created then it should work fine. But if you’re opening up the patch and changing the original file, then it won’t work like that.

It would help if you posted your patch, or part of it.



all
December 10, 2012 | 12:17 am

Hi,

Thank for your answer.
Here is a part of my patch. There is not the contents of the poly~, but I would like to show the "concept".
It’s not 2 instances of one poly~ but 2 poly~ different with their own ADSR (2 polyphonic synthetizers) in the same patch.
When I change ADSR parameters of the poly~1 : short attack for exemple, I get the same attack for the poly~2. But I would like to get different ADSR for each poly~.

Best regards

All

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 10, 2012 | 12:26 am

So it looks like your dynamically changing the number of voices, which is fine. But your always setting the target to 0. This means that the messages you send will only affect the 0th instance of poly~. Iam assuming the reason your not hearing changes between one poly~ and the next, is because you’re only changing one (the first to be specific) instance of poly~.

Try fixing that and see if that clears up your issue.

GW


December 10, 2012 | 5:49 am

Hi,

target 0 is just fine. I can’t see any problem from outside. Double check for send/receive couples with same name in all your open patchers, subpatchers, etc.

best,
m


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)