Forums > MaxMSP

trying to un arm, armed tracks dynamically using max for live

December 17, 2009 | 3:06 am

absolutely loving LOVING the combo of ableton and Max. my 2 favorite apps together like peanut butter and jelly!!

I am having a dilema though. I used to use fl studio for my beatjazz live looping. it allows me to use my wx5 program change meassages to select which channel i play into my looper. no other software i have used, does this simple thing. I only used ableton for arrangment until now.

I reused some of the stock code and made it capable of selecting which track i use,by program change, but now i need it to also record arm only the selected channel. for some reason, it doesnt seem to want to use exclusive arm functionality. I sent the output of the zl mth to an iter object which goes onto the [path live_set tracks...] message box but thats where ilose the plot a bit.

will each track need its own live.path and live.object, or is there a way to feed themall into the same one? also, is there a simple way to dynamically create new paths based onthe number of tracks coming from the iter object?

the code is below.thank you in advance. here is some of my improvisation-based beatjazz for you to vibe on. each song was created using the method i am trying to recreate in live. cheers. http://onyxashanti.bandcamp.com/album/the-nomadic-diary-of-onyx-ashanti-recursive-artifacts-vol-1

Onyx
twitter.com/onyxashanti

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 17, 2009 | 3:23 am

I edited this post so that the patch is pasted using "Copy Compressed".

Please use the Max for Live topic for MFL related issues.

I don’t think you need to disarm every track when you arm a new one, just the last one you armed right?

Have a look at the bucket object

-A

December 17, 2009 | 3:58 am

sorry. that did look kinda long.

yeah,for some reason, it wont do the "exclusive arm" thing. it arms EVERY track. and i’m not sure if one live.path object expects to get one message for one live.object for one track, or if the live.path can handle multiple messages for one live.object for multiple tracks.

I amlooking at the bucket object right now. will report back.

Onyx

July 2, 2011 | 2:44 pm

Sorry to resurrect this topic but did you ever get it sorted? Was hoping Hawtins’ Kapture would allow me to record-arm from Ableton clips but it doesnt work sadly.

Saw your TED performance the other day by the way, nice one!

July 10, 2011 | 8:47 pm

thanks.

I actually did solve it, but i switched to Pure data and now use kore 2 as my synthesis engine. it has performance presets that turn channels on and off. from there, i used table arrays as a preset management system. its solid as a rock.

probably not the answer you were looking for, but i wanted to respond.

onyx

September 23, 2011 | 12:00 am

Hey thanks for letting me know, sorry I missed your reply!

September 23, 2011 | 5:53 am

Well, I can shed some light on this; this problem still exists today. M4L doesn’t honor the ‘exclusive arm’ setting within Live so if you’re operating in this field you need to work around it.

If you want to discuss this further I think we’d better move the thread (start a new one) in the M4L section.

September 23, 2011 | 7:50 am

Thanks, done for my prob here: http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=35284&replies=1#post-171370

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)