Trying to understand if MAX is what I need

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:37pm

Trying to understand if MAX is what I need

Hi guys,

I’m looking for a software that could help me running a small project. What I need to do, basically, is to have some kind of distortion like the one you have on Photo Boot on the Mac. What I would like to have is something that could extend, let’s say, the arm of a person.
The idea is, of course, to use a camera and to show the results on a screen. I thought that maybe the use of chroma key (to isolate the arm) could help. The person would just sit in front of a table and move the arm, it doesn’t need to go around (which I believe would make things even more complicated).
Do you think something like this would be possible?

Thanks!

DrBeast

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:21am

try the 30 days demo especially the jitter tutorials, maybe the cv.jit.blob externals. But maybe it’s what you need. Though maybe the kinekt thingies would especially help you.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:58am

Thanks, what I need is just someone stopping me before wasting a lot of time, if what I want to do is not going to work for sure here.

Nov 9, 2012 at 11:13am

I think… it won’t be really easy. Especially without a kinect. But it’s probably doable, and Max’s Jitter seems like one right tool to try achieving this.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.