Forums > Java

Tutorials for Java in Max?

November 18, 2011 | 10:27 pm

Are there any tutorials other than the Max one available?

Jan
November 24, 2011 | 1:57 pm

Not that i know. have you also discovered the pdf file that comes with Max/MSP. I think it is inside the jit-doc folder.
There are some more information that in the HTML tutorials.
Otherwise i can highly recommend the Java tutorials on the oracle site. But this is on Java in general.

J

December 13, 2011 | 4:50 pm

I have over a hundred video tutorials for Java in Max as well as over twenty lectures on Java inside Max/MSP. But, they effectively belong to my employer.

If I were to make some video tutorials on Max/MSP Java, what would people want to see?

December 13, 2011 | 6:48 pm

If its possible i want videos tutorials on maxmsp java! (^_^)

December 14, 2011 | 2:56 am

I would appreciate some info on MIDI handling–I don’t see any in the docs.

Especially any routines that deal with avoiding stuck notes (transpose, fake sustain) and those that deal with filtering/splitting/merging–sending MIDI to multiple outputs.

December 14, 2011 | 5:03 pm

MIDI in Java is somewhat messy – do a quick Google for a package called rwmidi which cleans it up a bit. To be honest, if you’re working in the MXJ world you’re better off passing MIDI messages to and from Max itself.

December 19, 2011 | 2:26 pm

There’s a great ‘Step by Step Instructions tutorial’ from Adam Murray, to use Eclipse with max: http://compusition.com/web/articles/maxmsp-eclipse

efe
December 29, 2011 | 3:02 pm

I have posted some small examples of how to get started with Java-Jitter. It is my plan to do a real step by step thingie, but as always the time is lacking! < -hopefully 2012!

http://emmanuelflores.net/v2/archives/category/blog/code

December 29, 2011 | 3:37 pm

Sounds like a very good resource — why would your employer not want anyone to see them? Is it a course for which one must pay money? If so, what course is it?

———————
I have over a hundred video tutorials for Java in Max as well as over twenty lectures on Java inside Max/MSP. But, they effectively belong to my employer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)