Forums > MaxMSP

typical? ad_mme: Stopping due to error

October 26, 2007 | 3:19 pm

hello
working on a pc, do not know how suddenly i get this error
ad_mme: Stopping due to error

of course i upgrade the driver, the soundblaster card works well in other audio software,
i even try with the built in card and its new drivers, but in mme even directsound i can not see the audio card i get that error

i uninstall max and reinstall again without success.
what should i do?

thank you

October 27, 2007 | 12:50 pm

i forgot that i also check the file preferences and that’s ok
how can i fix this?
why this happen?

hello
working on a pc, do not know how suddenly i get this error
ad_mme: Stopping due to error

of course i upgrade the driver, the soundblaster card works well in other audio software,
i even try with the built in card and its new drivers, but in mme even directsound i can not see the audio card i get that error

i uninstall max and reinstall again without success.
what should i do?

thank you

SAS
August 7, 2008 | 11:11 am

I’ve just developed the same problem. I upgraded drivers for Sigma Tel soundcard on Dell Vista machine (actually Dell did the work). Get "ad_mme: stopping due to error." whenever I try to use sfplay on patches that previously worked. Need fix! Thanks.

SAS
August 7, 2008 | 11:27 am

Nevermind… I found my problem. There was no output driver selected in the DSP Status menu. Everything seems fine.

August 7, 2008 | 2:10 pm

You might find that you can achieve better performance (lower latency) with the asio driver. If your sound card does not have a native asio driver then you can try asio4all:

http://www.asio4all.com/

Rob

July 26, 2013 | 7:07 am

I’m having the exact same problem but with a standalone? Is it possible to change the driver in a standalone?

January 24, 2014 | 11:31 am

la unica manera de cambiar los drivers en standanlone, es si colocaste la opcion en el patch sino no hay manera, incluso yo tengo el mismo problema en un patch q si coloque un umenu para selecionar drivers y asi y todo me da el mismo mensaje de error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)