Forums > MaxMSP

Umenu – finding audio, help

December 9, 2012 | 8:58 pm

andrew benson has been a huge help and i’m sure this is a simple fix you guys but we have developed a patch which selects audio files from a folder at random, i just cant seem to work out how to get the audio out.

thanks for your time.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 9, 2012 | 9:09 pm

So wait, are you asking how to play the audio from the randomly chosen file? If so, you should take a look at MSP tutorial 16 which teaches you about playing audio files.

GW

December 9, 2012 | 9:11 pm

placing a buffer under the prepend read object loads a file and double clicking it works but when connecting its grove, theres no sound put

December 9, 2012 | 9:25 pm

I got it to work

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 9, 2012 | 9:45 pm

hey man thank you so much for your time, still getting used to it again. it only plays the sound once though, ive added play/stop messages to the groove but no joy. Thanks again for your help!.

December 9, 2012 | 9:49 pm

i worked out that the ezdac needs to be switched off and on again for it to work if you press stop

December 9, 2012 | 11:52 pm

for groove~ you can send it a message "loop 1" to turn on looping.

December 10, 2012 | 1:17 am

thanks, i worked it out. Last question, say i wanted four of these, how do i change the foo message so my buffer/groove objects are independent of each other and still update their wave form displays?
thanks again.

December 10, 2012 | 1:26 am

the way that buffer~ works is you give it a name as the first argument. So you can have 2, 5, 10000 (well maybe not that many) buffer objects each named: foo1, foo2, foo3…fooN. Then you have groove~ objects which you can either set the buffer it reads from via the set message, or you can put it in as the first argument.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)