Forums > Max For Live

umenu recall (max 6.0.4 + ableton 8.2)

August 13, 2013 | 5:42 am

sorry if this is a repeated post, but i’m having some trouble with saving umenus in a Max Live Instrument. i’d like to be able to load a folder path, select a sample and be able to recall the selected sample when i re-open the Ableton project.

i could include a non-working patch, if that would be helpful – but i imagine this is a pretty straight-forward thing that a lot of people here have done..

August 13, 2013 | 9:55 am

There’s no parameter mode for umenu – you’ll have to try and figure out a way to stash it in textedit

Cheers

-A

August 15, 2013 | 12:50 am

Alright – so, I put the textedit object in – but it’s not storing – I think I’m doing something wrong, any idea?

August 15, 2013 | 12:51 am

Oops.

August 16, 2013 | 11:24 am

Textedit won’t store anything unless you turn on Parameter Mode, which you can do in its inspector. That should get things working for you.

You can read more about this in the Max for Live help section called Device Parameters in Max for Live.

August 17, 2013 | 9:37 pm

Alright, so, I’ve got a couple of umenus up and running with parameter mode – the only problem is that after a certain critical number, the M4L patch is unable to parse the messages and load them effectively. Is this a case for client storage?

Attachments:
  1. reductions.maxpat

August 26, 2013 | 6:23 am

After experimenting with clientstorage, I still couldn’t get the Umenus to store/recall correctly in this patch. Anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)