Forums > MaxMSP

universal

January 11, 2009 | 10:57 pm

hi
is there a way to tell [universal] to send messages to inlets other than the first one?
thanks
aa

January 11, 2009 | 11:08 pm

I don’t think there is. However, and you might already know this, you can send lists using [universal]. They will be interpreted as if each value was sent to the corresponding inlet of the receiving object. I don’t know if this helps in your situation, if not perhaps you could post a patch that shows your problem. Or look in to using [send], [forward] or [value] instead.

lh

January 11, 2009 | 11:20 pm

thank you, but in my case it won’t help…
the problem is simple:
I have a lot of [gain~] and I’d like to find an easy way to change their slew time, without having to connect a [receive] or [value] to each one of them
aa

Quote: thereishopeforus@hotmail.com wrote on Mon, 12 January 2009 00:08
—————————————————-
> I don’t think there is. However, and you might already know this, you can send lists using [universal]. They will be interpreted as if each value was sent to the corresponding inlet of the receiving object. I don’t know if this helps in your situation, if not perhaps you could post a patch that shows your problem. Or look in to using [send], [forward] or [value] instead.
>
> lh
—————————————————-

January 11, 2009 | 11:41 pm

Ah, I see your problem, using [universal] and a list would change the slider value as well. I can only suggest putting your [gain~] in a [bpatcher] with a [receive] or [value] attached to the second input and then you can easily duplicate the [bpatcher] and only show the [gain~] object.

lh

January 12, 2009 | 12:00 am

On 12 janv. 09, at 00:20, aa wrote:

> thank you, but in my case it won’t help…
> the problem is simple:
> I have a lot of [gain~] and I’d like to find an easy way to change
> their slew time, without having to connect a [receive] or [value] to
> each one of them

If you have a closer look you’ll see that the ramp time is an
attribute. Therefore you can send the the message interp to every
object (it doesn’t have to be sent specifically to the second inlet).
So "send gain~ interp 300" will set all the gain~’s interp attribtue
to 300.

HTH,
ej

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)