Forums > MaxMSP

unramp?

May 25, 2011 | 12:49 pm

Hi

I’ve made the attached sub patch to solve a problem but whilst doing it I had the feeling this functionality is probably already there out of box (even though I couldn’t find it).

I needed a sort of reverse of the ramp device. I want to take out the ramp of a CC stream and just get the final ‘resting’ value. My controller nob was bound to a patch selector and a change would trigger a CPU expensive patch loading procedure, so going from say patch 2 to 20 would start and stop 18 unwanted patch loads.

Is there an object already built to do this?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 25, 2011 | 1:20 pm

Can’t think of a single object ATM, but here’s a way with two:

May 25, 2011 | 1:27 pm

Thanks that’s a lot neater. One other requirement I had which I didn’t mention before, is that if just one change comes through it needs to instantly go to the patcher.

So mine lets the 1st one through as normal and only subsequent CC streams trigger the unramping mechanism.

May 25, 2011 | 5:46 pm

How about speedlim/qlim?

June 3, 2011 | 4:28 pm

Thanks for those pointers, neater than using ramp

June 3, 2011 | 5:26 pm

Here’s a three object version, that almost certainly uses less memory than the list version:

June 3, 2011 | 5:27 pm

sorry, double post

June 3, 2011 | 5:47 pm

Thanks for that. I think speedlim is perfect for me. the crucial thing is a single change comes through instantly.

June 3, 2011 | 7:18 pm

this is why scouring/pounding the forums is good; Chris and spectro may have helped me solve this ‘unrelated’ problem:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=33599

my gating and filtering was getting pretty heavy-handed; often, simple is best, as these two solutions prove….thanks guys and OP

Brendan

June 3, 2011 | 7:36 pm

Sorry, I missed the requirement for the first number to go through:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)