Forums > MaxMSP

Unstable Hi object

April 5, 2010 | 3:18 pm

I am currently writing a patch to be controlled by an xbox steering wheel. I have used the hi object and untill recently it has worked fine. Now however whenever i load the patch it does not recognize ‘hi’. The object has no inputs or outputs (having disconnected all my patch cables). Occasionaly i am able to delete the object and place another ‘hi’ which works… until i close and reload the patch. Sometimes it won’t even recognize the new hi object at all. It will, in all cases, let me open the hi helpfile by right clicking on the object (whether working or not). I am now highly confused!


April 5, 2010 | 7:09 pm

Ignore the above post. I had been a fool and saved my patch as ‘hi.maxpat’ thus causing the patch to look for the maxpat rather than the object. I have deleted the original and re-written the patch with a sensible name, now all works fine!!!


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)