Forums > MaxMSP

updated to Max/MSP 5 and having problems with externals

September 5, 2008 | 1:15 am

Hi. I’ve never posted anything before on here but I’m really stumped with this problem. I have a patch that I just updated for Max5 that includes a couple externals (specifically from the granular toolkit by Nathan Wolek [gran.space2.live~] and also from fftease by Eric Lyon [pvharm~]). It’s not working properly so I did some trouble shooting and figured out that both of the externals work fine just not with each other. If I take one out then the other starts working. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem could be. I’d really like to be able to use them together. They worked fine in Max/MSP 4.6. Thanks.


September 16, 2008 | 5:07 pm

Catching up on list reading after a busy month and I saw this message. Are you still having difficulties? If so, feel free to send me a message privately (nathan@lowkeydigitalstudio.com).

I assure you that in real life Eric and I get along fine. ;)


September 16, 2008 | 5:28 pm

Please post an example patch if you can. The closer you can get to Jeremy Bernstein’s excellent bug reporting guidelines ( http://tinyurl.com/2nq8lh ) the happier Nathan and I will be.

Thanks,

Eric



luc
December 15, 2009 | 9:52 pm

hi, im having a similar problem.
after updating to max 5.1 a patch with the granular toolkit externals isn’t working anymore. the patch was created in max 5.0.

an example patch: http://www.lucluc.nl/mx/

im working on:
Macbook white (january 2009 edition)
2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Mac OSX 10.5.8 (latest os software update; today, 15 december)
Max 5.1

when i start the patch it seems to work fine, and it is actually
after a minute or so, you might notice some cpu peaks.
when i try to open the dsp status window, it doesn’t open.
when i close the patch, max crashes


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)