Forums > MaxMSP

urgent!

April 23, 2009 | 1:09 pm

I’m building an application for a uni project, and have just realized that since my screen resolution is so high, all the UI elements of my patch that are the right size for me are going to be huge on a lower res screen. I have been using the [apple +/-] command while patching to zoom in and out, but this seems not to work in an exported application!

I really need to know if there is a way of scaling down all of my UI blocks (none of them are bpatchers) without losing their relation to eachother. It would take me ages to re-align all of the layers.

Is there a way of enabling zooming in and out in applications, or an easier way of scaling down the global size of objects in a patch before exporting (a way other than the normal apple +/-, which doesnt seem to change the actual size of anything).

Sorry for the rant, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-Tim

April 23, 2009 | 1:22 pm

In Max 5 there is the option to "scale" and "scale spacing" in the edit menu when you highlight objects. This might be what you’re looking for. You can hold shift when you drag to preserve the aspect ratio too.

lh

April 23, 2009 | 1:59 pm

ahh thats just what I was looking for.

I should’ve checked the menus

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)