Forums > Jitter

usesrcrect and jit.qt.movie

March 29, 2013 | 12:34 pm

Hi,
Im working on a patch at the moment that uses ‘usesrcrect’ object to zoom in on a specific part of a video being played by a jit.qt.movie object. This usesrcrect is connected to the input of the jit.qt.movie and controls what you see comin out on the jit.pwindow. I want to be able to have two jit.pwindows coming from the jit.qt.movie playing at the same time, one showing the effected video and one showing the original uneffected signal that is being ‘read’ into the jit.qt.movie.Problem with usesrcrect is you are changing the move at it’s source and therefore any output from jit.qt.movie will be affected. I have tryed having two seperate jit.qt.movie objects with the same video being loaded at the same time playing in seperate jit.pwindows but one always lags behind the other even when they are triggered at the same time. I need them to be in sync. Any ideas would be welcolm.
Cheers Gav

March 29, 2013 | 8:52 pm

There is no such thing as a "usesrcrect" object. That is a message you are sending to the jit.qt.movie, telling it what part of the incoming movie to pass through. You need to run the full movie into Max, and then use one of the techniques in the attached patch to get your subsection of the incoming movie.

M

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)