Using a website to control a MaxMSP

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:27pm

Using a website to control a MaxMSP

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone used a website to control or send messages, bang, or trigger a max patch before. I’m currently building a website and I was wondering how I would go about building javascript based website to communicate with max/msp.

In searching for this the closest solution I found is this forum post: http://www.cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=17328

Anyone know how I would go about to set up a server or have Max communicate with a website via PHP, Ajax, VNC or converting the JSON of a Maxpatch into a website.

Ultimately I want to just the user input on a website to control the behaviors of a maxpatch.

Let me know if there is a probable solution.

Thanks!!

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:07pm

jit.uldl may be useful.

You can also have some fun with the post function in PHP from the jweb object. So you could have a little fun posting to your own MySQL.

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:40pm

I’m having good results with the following:

Server (inside max)
Net.loadbang.web + JavaScript json parser/formatter

Clientside
Jquery – using Ajax/json

The nice thing is that I have the same js object to represent the patch state clientside and serverside. to communicate I just send or parse a json string.

I also looked at doing it with node.js running the sever and communicating with max over osc. This had potential but the above solution seemed simpler

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.