Using Ableton Push in Max

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:39pm

Using Ableton Push in Max

Hi Everyone

I got an Ableton Push a while ago. Recently I thought to try and use it as a controller in Max standalone. As the Push has been out for a while I expected to see lots of people using it in this way, with various hacks and such. Yet to my suprise there seems to be very little discussion / development. I have come across very bits of info on the net, including some tips from Julien Bayle and also Florian Zand’s Push development kit, though that is aimed more at M4L.

I am no Max expert but have managed to get the Push grid to communicate with a Matrix of equivalent size, and have also the encoders working (though not perfectly).

How come there is so little development by users in this area? Or am I missing something? Please tell me ;)

Here is what I have done so far. If anyone is working on similar ideas I would love to see them, in particular, programming the display to display custom messages/values for each encoder. I will continue with my patch, I want to have 2 modes, one for controlling the Matrix for switching/routing and the other mode for note triggering, then move on from there.

Thanks
Alan

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.