Forums > MaxMSP

Using c74 as a controller for sound design.

December 19, 2013 | 11:36 pm

Hi,there,
does any one have examples on using the accelerometer with c74? I’m trying to use the accelerometer to control the speed of the sequencer played in Max/msp patch on mac, but didn’t make it work…. As I’m new to c74 and still trying to figure out how to use it .

Thank you very much!
Yilin

December 20, 2013 | 10:25 am

The accelerometer is difficult because it puts out a lot of info even when the device is not moving at all. I’d recommend scaling it up and truncating decimal places in addition to using a speedlim to limit the amount of data.
in the example below, I’m using a [scale] object so that the x-axis roughly controls a gain slider.
You could also hook it into a [metro] or [tempo] to control the tempo of a sequencer. Just scale your values correctly!

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

December 23, 2013 | 11:41 pm

Thank you very much!
It’s an good idea to make it work . It seems that I need to create a bunch of scaling objects to make x,y,z works well. Btw, do you know where to find any resources about c74 max/msp patch?

December 25, 2013 | 1:59 am

In the help menu… or ctrl-click on an object. You should start from the basis…

December 25, 2013 | 7:07 am

well.. I mean .. any patch or website about related examples on people who using C74 to do sound design , not the "ctrl-click" help file. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)