Using cv.jit.faces to control camera

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:08am

Using cv.jit.faces to control camera

i’m trying to combine zachary seldess’ version of faces and 3d rotation (patch at the bottom-http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=33029 ) with camera controls…

i’m a bit stuck…..how should i link them?

[attachment=172225,2702]

Attachments:
  1. ScreenShot20111008at12.03.35AM.png
Oct 8, 2011 at 6:34pm

Hi synthaswinger,

What are you trying to do? That patch already had “camera controls” of a sort, so if you could be a bit more specific I might be able to help.

best,
Zachary

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:20pm

I am trying to have the camera move the same way for using 3d objects but with image plane/depth map…i’m also trying to find a way to be able to set the camera axis at 0 at any given angle to use different angles for rotating.

i just threw your patch into this one without even taking any stupid leaps. i’d like to do it right. do i need to convert to char to use faces?
thankyou very much,

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Oct 8, 2011 at 8:35pm

If you want to use the depth matrix from the kinect in tandem with cv.jit.faces for what you describe, I’d recommend grabbing the center coordinate of the face (see [p getCenterCoords]) and looking up the depth value for that coordinate in the depth matrix (see the tutorials on how to look up cell values in a jit.matrix). You can use that depth value in the right inlet of [p z.3Dportocar].

Setting the camera axis at 0 at any given angle is just a matter of modifying the azimuth and elevation values going into the 1st two inlets of [p z.3Dpoltocar] (translation via addition or subtraction, etc.). This assumes you want an up vector of 0. 1. 0. (the default). If not, you shouldn’t use my poltocar solution.

best,
Zachary

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:09pm

From your screen shot it looks like your Quat objects aren’t installed properly. Do you have the cosm objects installed?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.